Auckland ready to celebrate World Champion Black Ferns
allblacks.com 27 Sep 2017 Getty Images
Doors open to fans at 10am, and the Black Ferns will arrive at 10.45am. The event commences from 11am and the team will stay on until 1pm to meet and mingle with fans and reflect on their World Cup journey.
Upon arrival, the team will be greeted by family and friends before proceeding into the Vodafone Events Centre with a guard of honour, formed by pupils from neighbouring primary schools.
Fans can enjoy fun activities before and after the formal celebration programme, as well as meet and greet the players.
The Black Ferns are the most successful women's rugby team, having won the title in 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2017.
Jenny-May Clarkson is the day’s MC.
• The Black Ferns Celebration will take place at the Vodafone Events Centre from 11am–1pm
• Doors open at 10am
• Free parking is available at the Vodafone Events Centre
• Black Ferns will bring the Women's Rugby World Cup trophy
• There will be no road closures
• There are a variety public transport options available
• Fans should plan their journey and travel early
• Mayor Phil Goff
• NZ Maori Rugby Board Director, Mere Kingi
• NZ Rugby Chairman, Brent Impey
• Current and former Black Ferns
Proud to see our #WRWC2017 jersey on display at the #MoMA The Museum of Modern Art in New York city... and beside one of the greats! pic.twitter.com/CmnWnjtpfb— Black Ferns (@BlackFerns) September 27, 2017